Welcome to the
VIllage of Lyndonville

The Village of Lyndonville offices are open to the public. Our hours of operation are 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM. We are closed 12:30 PM – 1:00 PM.

Phone: (585)765-9385
Fax: (585)765-2394

Follow a manual added linkFollow a manual added linkLink to: Forms & ApplicationsLink to: Local LawsFollow a manual added link

What’s happening in Lyndonville

Village History

The early settlers moved from Yates Center (north of Lyndonville) to take advantage of water power provided by Johnson’s Creek. One of the early settlers was Jackson Blood, whose cobblestone house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2005. The Village of Lyndonville was incorporated in 1903, separating itself from the Town of Yates.

Lyndonville is a Village in Orleans County, New York, United States. The population was 838 at the 2010 census. The name was selected because some of the early settlers were from Lyndon, Vermont. It is part of the Rochester Metropolitan Statistical Area. The Village of Lyndonville is within the borders of the Town of Yates.

According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.0 square mile (2.6 km2), all of it land. Lyndonville is located on north-south highway New York State Route 63 (North and South Main Street), south of its intersection with New York State Route 18. It is also about four miles south of Lake Ontario. Johnson’s Creek flows through the village.

Lyndonville is located midway between Buffalo and Rochester, about an hour ride from either direction. It can be reached by going either Route 31 or Route 104 to Route 63, North, through the center of the Village and continues to the shore of Lake Ontario. The first settler arrived in the Town of Yates in 1809 and by 1810 the first deed was recorded. Yates Center was to be the primary settlement, however by 1825 Lyndonville, previously known as “Lyndon” became the primary settlement and the Post Office was transferred to Lyndon and “ville” was added to distinguish Lyndonville from Linden in Genesee County. In 1830 one Jackson Blood built a lovely home, built of lake stones on South Main Street of Lyndonville. This beautiful home stands today along with many of the early homes. In the center of Lyndonville is a pond which served a flour mill in 1836 and a log dam built with subsequent dams being erected until 1940. The mil was destroyed by fire in 1940 and the dam fell into disrepair until 1947 when the present cement dam was constructed. The pond served as a source of ice for home ice boxes. It also was used for ice skating in winter and boating in the summer.

© Copyright - Village of Lyndonville, NY
Hosted & Designed by